Thursday, May 20, 2010

Triumphant return & Janelle Monae

It's been a pretty long time; but my computer has been fixed and I think I'm back for good!


I'm gonna drop some Janelle Monae for y'all today. My buddy Frank who can be found at his Blog of Knowledge tipped me off to her a week or so ago and I've been playing these albums a ton, since.

She's got this soul/funk/pop/rock/R&B medley that is really great. She's just released Suites II and III, of a IV suite concept album, inspired by Metropolis, a silent film made in 1927; (the film is about a futuristic city sharply divided between the working class and the city planners, the son of the city's mastermind falls in love with a working class prophet who predicts the coming of a savior to mediate their differences.) The Metropolis Suite(as these works are called) has a similar story.
Her alterego is Cindi Mayweather, a female android (Alpha Platinum 9000, model no. 57821) who is mass produced in the year 2719 for the ruling class.



At any rate; check this out, you won't be disappointed. And if you are, tough.

2 comments: