Saturday, December 12, 2009

Low Vs. Diamond

“Getting asked a lot of questions, but my answers are all wrong”


Low Vs. Diamond - S/T


The biggest disappointment in this album filled with sweeping, atmospheric rock, is the fact that the opening song, “Don’t Forget Sister” is so strong and so good, that the other 10 tracks, while good in their own ways, just can't measure up to the beginning. However any shortcomings found in the previous tracks can be entirely dismissed about halfway through as the rest of the album picks up speed.
Lucas Field's voice has been aptly described as sounding "like Jarrod Gorbel and Brandon Flowers are making out" and I'd be remiss to describe it better.

1 comment:

  1. "Don't Forget Sister" IS a strong song! I'm listening to it now, and I'm getting that same effect I got when I first heard "The Blackest Purse" by Why?
    This may become my new favorite band. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete